Melda F. Townsley – Director Communications
Melda has wide experience of Pacific and Asian cultures and is an acknowledged consultant and trainer working with government bodies, educational institutions and organisations in the public and private sectors.
Qualifications and Positions Held include:
- Bachelor of Arts in English and Education
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business Studies
- Fellowship of the New Zealand Speech Board (Speech)
- Fellowship of Trinity College London (Speech)
- President Speech Communication Association
- Chairman New Zealand Speech Board (Speech NZ)
- Examiner and Assessor SNZ
- Author of Talking of Speaking
Over the past 30 years Melda has designed and conducted:
- Training programmes in spoken and written communication for people at all levels of ability
- Training programmes for trainers
- Training evaluation and control
- Facilitating and mentoring programme
Her programmes are activity and skills based, taking account of the various ways that people learn. Programmes include Creative Thinking and Problem Solving; Team Building and Support; Customer Satisfaction; Presentations; Meeting Skills; Conflict Reduction and Resolution; Successful Negotiation; Management and Supervisory Skills, Business Writing.
Melda is an accomplished public speaker at conferences and seminars.
She was on the faculty of the annual New Zealand Law Society Litigation Skills programme for more than 20 years.
She is an accredited examiner and assessor for Speech New Zealand.